As a global food company, water is critical to our business. We take a broad approach to water stewardship, looking beyond our company’s walls to the phases of our value chain that drive overall use. This is essential, since 85 percent of our water footprint is from growing and transporting crops, and turning those crops into food ingredients.
- We are committed to improving the sustainability of water use throughout our supply chain:
- We introduced a water policy in 2014 to provide a framework for engaging with stakeholders and improving the health of watersheds that are critical to our business.
- In 2015, we signed the CEO Water Mandate, joining a group of business leaders, governments and other stakeholders working with the United Nations (UN) to advance water stewardship.
- In 2016, we set a goal to champion the development of water stewardship plans for the company’s most material and at-risk watersheds in our global value chain by 2025.
- In addition, each of our production facilities has a goal to reduce water usage by 1% each year (based on production).
2020 Global Responsibility Report (Interactive)
2020 Global Report Summary (PDF)
2020 Global Responsibility Report (PDF)
This marks the 50th year that we have reported to our communities and stakeholders.