Helping our hometowns
Just as we care about the environments where our food is grown, we care deeply about the hometown communities where our employees live and work.
Inspiring change through action
We’re passionate about supporting the causes that get our employees excited, which strengthen our hometown communities around the world.
We do this by:
- Maintaining an employee volunteerism rate of 80% worldwide.
- Charitably investing in General Mills hometown communities globally so all community members can grow and thrive.
- Encouraging employees to apply their skills, expertise and passion to giving back.
- Providing no-fee professional assistance to nonprofits and small businesses led or owned by people who identify as Black, Indigenous or another community of color, through our GoodWorks program.
- Equipping our humanitarian partners with resources to help families and communities recover in the wake of natural disasters.
- Boosting the impact of our employee’s charitable giving by matching their donations to nonprofits at up to $1,000 per year.
See what we’re cooking up
Read more on how we're inspiring change through action.