Programs and partnerships
We've been around for more than 150 years. We learned a few things.
We continue to support FareShare, the U.K.’s largest food bank, to expand food rescue.
We like to share what we learned, so that everyone can benefit.
- General Mills has provided training and technical support through Partners in Food Solutions to more than 900 small and growing food businesses in eight African countries since 2008
- In 2016, our company introduced a soil health roadmap in partnership with The Nature Conservancy to improve soil health on more than 50 percent of U.S. cropland by 2025.
Join My Village has impacted the lives of more than a quarter million people in Africa and India.
Working with CARE, the program focuses on girls and women to provide access to education or job training in the developing world.
More than a half million people now follow the work of Join My Village through social media and other channels.
General Mills invests in philanthropic programs that are led in West African communities by the global humanitarian organization CARE. Our suppliers source cocoa and vanilla for our products from these communities.
We help with planning and resource investments intended to:
- Increase cocoa farmer livelihoods
- End child labor
- Increase household food and nutrition security
- Promote education for all children
- Brand partnerships
General Mills brands
We engage and connect with people who enjoy our food.
- The dwindling population of bees and other pollinators has the potential to affect us, and most certainly affect our children and grandchildren. We are supporting farmers with a five-year, $4 million commitment to help ensure that pollinators and crops flourish.
- Since Box Tops for Education™ began in 1996, U.S. schools have earned more than US$800 million through the program. Computers, books, and playground equipment are just some of the ways schools have chosen to use the funds.
We even make wishes come true.
When we heard about one shy boy's selfless Christmas request in 2016, General Mills colleagues knew this fit into our passion for community.