General Mills has a commitment to help build strong communities.
We work with partners around the world to make an impact in key areas that benefit and strengthen communities.
Our approach encompasses four major areas of activity:
- Grants to nonprofits from the General Mills Foundation spanning communities on six continents.
- Food product donations that help stock food banks and support disaster-relief efforts.
- Brand philanthropy and charitable corporate contributions focused on causes such as hunger and education.
- Employee volunteerism that benefits our hometown communities as well as regions across the world.
Programs and partnerships
- Box Tops for Education has helped families across North America raise more than US$640 million for local schools since 1996.
- Feeding America and The Global Foodbanking Network partnered with us to donate 50 million meals to the hungry during 2014.
- Partners In Food Solutions connects volunteer food experts with food processors in Africa to strengthen the capacity to provide sustainable nourishing foods to communities across that continent.
- Join My Village program has positively impacted more than 5 million people globally by empowering women and girls through education and economic empowerment.
General Mills Foundation
General Mills and its Foundation have given more than US$1.5 billion to charitable causes worldwide since 1954.
We focus our philanthropy on:
- Alleviating hunger
- Advancing nutrition wellness
- Improving education